Vacancy Field Service Engineer
Would you like to work with high-tech equipment that is used globally to perform research at the atomic and molecular scale? And would you like to be responsible for the proper functioning of these systems so that our customers can conduct their research without disturbance?
DENSsolutions is a fast-growing nanotechnology company active in the field of In Situ microscopy. Nanotechnology is considered to be key for meeting the challenges of today’s world in clean technologies, semiconductors, health and climate change.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer who will provide daily technical support, perform service maintenance and manage the repairs of our systems for customers. You will be responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with all the stakeholders involved as well as performing the necessary administrative tasks. Based on your learning experiences with our customers, you will support R&D in the development of new technologies taking into account user needs concerning reliability, durability and ease-of-use.
You will work closely together with a group of experts in various technological domains, including Mechatronics, Precision Engineering, Software, and Micro & Nano-Engineering. As part of your role, you will also maintain close contact with Product Management, Sales and Operations.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics/Precision Engineering/Material Science or similar field.
- Affinity with the handling of (delicate) mechanical components.
- Experience with electron microscopy techniques such as SEM and TEM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to travel for customer visits when needed.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Command of English and Mandarin languages.
- Exposure to in-situ Electron Microscopy.
- Experience with spectroscopical techniques such as EDX and EELS.
- Experience with vacuum technology and design principles for precision engineering.
- Installation, system acceptance and customer training.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on designated equipment.
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and field modifications.
- Coordinate hardware component testing.
- Maintaining customer service logs and internal service records.
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during the installation, training and/or repair process.
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Eager to learn
We offer a competitive salary with bonus possibilities, strong growth opportunities and also access to an international network of high-tech/nanoscience companies. You will start with a one year contract, with the intention to progress into a long-term contract.
To apply, please attach your CV and motivation letter in an email to email@example.com. For any questions you might have about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Hugo Pérez, Chief Technology Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.