Applications Scientist (Life Science)
Would you like to work with high-tech equipment that is used all around the world to perform research at the molecular and atomic scale? And would you like to be responsible for demonstrating these systems to research groups and high tech industries, allowing them to conduct their ground-breaking research?
DENSsolutions is a fast-growing nanotechnology company active in the field of In Situ Electron Microscopy. Nanotechnology is considered to be key for meeting the challenges of today’s world in clean technologies, health, semiconductors and climate change.
We are looking for a talented, motivated Applications Scientist who will support applications development for our in situ liquid phase TEM product line (with a focus on Life Science), while being part of commercial activities to promote the systems. You will have the opportunity to deal with challenging goals in an inspiring global working environment with colleagues from many different nationalities.
In addition to supporting our existing customers and developing new applications in Life Science, you will continuously identify new opportunities (both scientific and commercial) and strive to increase the value proposition of our product portfolio. You will be part of the Product Management team, but will be in constant collaboration with the Sales and Marketing team, as well as the RnD division. You always keep a close eye on the movements in the market and focus on customer relationships.
- A Master’s or PhD degree (preferred) in Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Biophysics/Molecular Biology or any other Life-Science-related field
- Experience with (cryo) Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Affinity with working in a commercial and scientific environment
- Strong and professional communication and negotiating abilities
- Professional proficiency level in English, both spoken and written
Experience with liquid phase TEM
Experience with techniques such as Flow Cytometry, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis or FRET
Experience with Extracellular Vesicles or Virology
Experience with Drug Delivery or Pharmaceutical Development
Knowledge of a European language and/or Mandarin
- Target-driven attitude and a perseverance to be successful
- Open and outgoing
- Eager to learn
- Team player
- Develop high quality in situ liquid TEM applications that will demonstrate the lock-out specs of our technology in Life Science
- Develop new techniques and methodologies for Life Science applications that will support the research of our customers
- Provide customer support and applications training after a system has been sold and installed
- Maximize the value that customers can derive from our solutions
- Develop our demo and installation protocols
- Provide hands-on support during on-site and remote product demonstrations
- Help Product Management and RnD translate customer needs into workable solutions
- Cultivate positive customer relationships
- Act as a high-level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in-depth technical presentations and assisting in applications development
- Act as a technical product expert, assisting with all phases of the sales cycle
We offer a competitive salary, strong growth opportunities and also access to an international network of high-tech/nanoscience companies.
To apply, please attach your CV and motivation letter in an email to email@example.com. For any questions you might have about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Hugo Pérez-Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org.