Vacancy Software Developer
Are you a software developer with a passion for coding and a proficiency in .NET and Python? Would you like to be a part of our new software development team working on “Impulse” – our new In Situ experiment control and automation software?
For this team, we are looking for a full-time software developer. As part of your new role, you will contribute to building new features for our platform and integrations with third party systems to expand the capabilities of our innovative systems. You will be involved in the whole software development cycle: from idea to concept, from implementation to optimization.
In your work, you will focus on the prototyping and development of new features for the platform (C#). These developments will pose many challenges related to synchronization and automation of multiple devices in the system. In addition, you will support our customers with the development of Python scripts for their experiment control, data processing and data analysis.
DENSsolutions is a fast-growing high-tech company active in the field of in-situ microscopy for fundamental studies in Nanotechnology. This field of research is considered to be the key for addressing the challenges of todays’ world in clean technologies, food, health and climate change.
- New developments for our software platform (i.e. novel features, platform optimization, change requests and bug fixes)
- Prototyping of concepts for larger outsourced development projects for testing and to avoid surprises during development
- Technical support for companies that integrate our API into their software platform
- Supporting customers with the development of experiment control and data processing python scripts
- Review internally existing solutions and seek to improve them through writing code that solves problems and corrects issues discovered
Experience is essential in all of the following:
- Recent C# .NET experience (our external developers use .NET 4.7 with C# 7.0)
- Proficiency with Python
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to understand and build on existing code
- 1-2 years of experience programming software applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science or another related field
Additionally, some experience in either of the following could be advantageous:
- Entity framework / SQLite
- Affinity with hardware communication
- Experience with high precision timing requirements
This position entails being part of a young and ambitious team, based at our office in Delft. We offer you a stimulating high-tech environment and a competitive salary. You will start with a one-year contract with our intention to progress into a long-term contract. To apply or ask for more details, please contact Merijn Pen, Product Architect Software at firstname.lastname@example.org