Vacancy Senior Product Manager
Research Markets: Materials Science, Chemistry, Micro-electronics, Life Sciences
Technical Universities, Government research labs, Industrial/Corporate R&D depts.
EM researchers (PhD/Post-doc), R&D directors, lab technician
Global: 30% North America, 30% Europe, 30% Asia, 10% RoW
Summary of position
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI). You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish.
Key skill set
Perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver.
Research & Development
Full-time: 40 hr/week
Competitive base salary & company bonus
Head office: Delft, The Netherlands
It’s widely accepted that nanotechnology is essential to solve many of the global challenges which human society is facing today. These modern day challenges, influenced by a growing population size, increased energy demand and climate change are factors which push scientists to solve macro problems, starting from the bottom-up! Scientists all over the world strive to understand materials down to the atomic level. The Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) has been proven an indispensable tool to capture essential nano-structural information.
However, the TEM so far had inherent limitations because it is limited to post-mortem characterization of samples in a static and ultra-high vacuum environment. What if there was a way to look into the nano-world and observe dynamic phenomena, for example related to materials in chemical reactors, aeroplane engines or solar panels?
Using the latest in MEMS technology, DENSsolutions has engineered this into a reality by introducing dynamic stimuli (heat, electrical bias, gas & liquid) to the TEM and eliminating the vacuum environment. With the help of our range of in situ TEM solutions, scientists from all over the world can now record the dynamics of their sample and understand the unknown. This new research is called in situ TEM. In doing so, DENSsolutions is helping its customers to change the world, one atom at a time!
DENSsolutions has experienced a rapid growth over the last five years and is preparing to ramp up even further over the next few years. And for that reason we want to expand and strengthen our development capacity at this moment in time, which leads to the following challenging assignment.
Your challenge will be making the very best of the following project tasks and activities:
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review market and product requirements documents (MRD/PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
Skills & experience
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in Transmission Electron Microscopy is preferred
- Familiarity with Nanotechnology
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- MSc or PhD in Physics/Chemistry/Engineering/related field
What we have to offer
- A pivotal role at a fast-growing high-tech company with a global market
- Strong professional and personal development opportunities
- To become a valued member of our multicultural and entrepreneurial team
- Becoming part of a global network in Science, Technology and Engineering
How to apply
- Please first visit: www.DENSsolutions.com
- For more information: please contact Dr. Hugo Pérez, CTO and/or Ben Bormans, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Qualified candidates are invited to apply directly via email and specify ‘Senior Product Manager’ in the subject line.
- Please include your resume and motivational cover letter