Vacancy Mechanical Engineer
Would you like to design, test and coordinate the production of high-tech equipment that enables state-of-the-art research, employing the latest functionalized chip technologies?
DENSsolutions is a fast-growing nanotechnology company active in the field of In Situ microscopy. Nanotechnology is considered to be key for meeting the challenges of today’s world in clean technologies, semiconductors, health and climate change.
We are looking for a candidate who can monitor and improve the value engineering of various projects involving mechanical hardware components and innovative mechatronics systems. You will be responsible for boosting the reliability, robustness, cost-efficiency and ease-of-use of these systems. Furthermore, you will be involved in designing and creating new prototypes, functional models and the necessary setups to perform the required testing.
You will work closely together with a group of experts in various technological domains, including Mechatronics, Precision Engineering, Software, Micro & Nano-Engineering. As part of your role, you will also maintain close contact with DENSsolutions’ production partners to guarantee feasible designs.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics/Precision Engineering or similar field.
- Extensive experience with 3D CAD design software, preferably Inventor.
- Strong focus on value engineering and experience with solving issues in a disciplined approach (i.e. root cause analysis, solution design, testing, reviewing, implementation in supply chain)
- ≥ 5 years of relevant R&D experience in the high-tech industry
- Experience with driving the cost of the Bill of Materials (BoM)
- Affinity with the production of (delicate) mechanical components.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with vacuum technology and design principles for precision engineering
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (i.e. COMSOL)
- Experience with fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- Knowledge or experience with cryogenic technology
- Design for manufacturability
- Optimize the cost-performance ratio
- Coordinate hardware component testing
- Create new conceptual designs
- Prototype evaluation
- Coordinate production feasibility with engineering partners
- Research for new production techniques
- Install, service and repair equipment
- Managing repair parts cycle times
- Ensure customer satisfaction during the repair process
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Eager to learn
We offer a competitive salary with bonus possibilities, strong growth opportunities in becoming an expert in the design of mechanical/mechatronic systems and also access to an international network of high-tech/nanoscience companies.
You will start with a one year contract, with the intention to progress into a long-term contract.
To apply, please attach your CV and motivation letter in an email to email@example.com. For any questions you might have about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Hugo Pérez, Chief Technology Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.