|Industry||High-Tech Systems, Materials & Nano-technology|
|Market||Research Markets: Materials Science, Chemistry, Micro-electronics|
|Customer type||Technical Universities, Government research labs, Industrial/Corporate R&D depts.|
|Customer persona||EM researchers (PhD/Post-doc), R&D directors, lab technician|
|Geographical||Global: 30% North America, 30% Europe, 30% Asia, 10% RoW|
|Summary of position||Strengthen the DENSsolutions’ research and development by leading all software|
development as integral part of our high-tech systems for in situ nano-technology
|Key skillset||Result driven, analytical skills, problem solving, communication, building relationships, industry knowledge|
|Key deliverables||Number of successful SW developments – time to market|
Customer satisfaction rating
|Department||Research & Development / Technology Development|
|Reporting to||Chief Technology Officer|
|Contract type||Full-time: 40 hr/week|
|Salary||Competitive base salary & company bonus|
|Location||Head office: Delft, The Netherlands|
|Travel requirements||10% or more, national and international|
It’s widely accepted that nanotechnology is essential to solve many of the global challenges which human society is facing today. These modern day challenges, influenced by a growing population size, increased energy demand and climate change are factors that push scientists to solve macro problems, starting from the bottom-up! Scientists all over the world strive to understand materials down to the atomic level. The Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) has been proven an indispensable tool to capture essential nano-structural information. However, the TEM so far had inherent limitations because it is limited to post-mortem characterization of samples in a static and ultra-high vacuum environment. What if there were a way to look into the nano-world and observe dynamic phenomena, for example related to materials in chemical reactors, aeroplane engines or solar panels?
Using the latest in MEMS technology, DENSsolutions has engineered this into a reality by introducing dynamic stimuli (heat, electrical bias, gas & liquid) to the TEM and eliminating the vacuum environment. With the help of our range of in situ TEM solutions, scientists from all over the world can now record the dynamics of their sample and understand the unknown. This new research is called in situ TEM. In doing so, DENSsolutions is helping its customers to change the world, one atom at a time!
DENSsolutions has experienced a rapid growth over the last five years and is preparing to ramp up even further over the next years. For the coming years too, we want to provide our customers with an ever expanding range of in situ solutions in nano-technology (system, hardware, software etc.)
• Defining of the DENSsolutions vision on software architecture for our (future) products/ systems in close collaboration with the CTO and lead this.
• Defining the software architecture of systems together with the CTO and Product Architect/ Design Manager, creating clear specifications and requirements and manage its implementation via our network of SW development partners
• Direct/ take control of the in-time delivery of outcomes of the software development projects with our SW network partners; development and maintenance of the network itself.
• Push the development of new SW solutions by prototyping; conduct and/or take control of advanced problem-solving – in close collaboration with our SW network partners – to test and qualify the software in our systems to be delivered to our customers
• Cooperate with Product Architects and R&D engineers over different product-lines to resolve quality issues and advise of issues and developments.
• Growing, maintaining and documenting the DENSsolutions body of knowledge of all software architecture and software implementations
• Continuously stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and our systems/products.
Skills & experience
You have a Master degree in Software development or a relevant/ equivalent other master degree You preferably have as Software engineer up to 4-5 years hands-on experience with software development for (automation in) high-tech systems.
You are ready for a next, challenging step in your career.
You have an ambition to develop a helicopter view on and vision for our SW architecture solutions approach Your English is at a full professional proficiency level, both spoken and written.
You are highly motivated team player, have a creative, self-starting, “can do” mentality; you are customer focused, communicate effectively with your internal and external network, are organized, are disciplined and eager to keep learning.
• A pivotal role at a fast-growing high-tech company with a global market
• Strong professional and personal development opportunities
• To become a valued member of our multi-cultural and entrepreneurial team
• Becoming part of our global network in Science, Technology and Engineering
• To ‘discover the world’, with our collaboration with partners all over the developed world.
How to apply
• For more information: please contact Sander van Weperen, Chief Technology Officer: +31 (0) 6 10482674 or sander.van email@example.com
• Qualified candidates are invited to apply directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify ‘software architect’ in the subject line.
• Please include your resume and motivational cover letter
• There will be no response to acquisition activities of recruitment companies based on this advertisement