|Title||Research & Development Engineer|
|Industry||High-Tech Systems, Materials & Nano-technology|
|Market||Research Markets: Materials Science, Chemistry, Micro-electronics|
|Customer type||Technical Universities, Government research labs, Industrial/Corporate R&D depts.|
|Customer persona||EM researchers (PhD/Post-doc), R&D directors, lab technician|
|Geographical||Global: 30% North America, 30% Europe, 30% Asia, 10% RoW|
|Summary of position||Strengthen the DENSsolutions’ research and development by assisting in/ contributing to|
the mechanical hardware development of/ in our high-tech systems for in situ nano-
|Key skillset||Result driven, analytical skills, problem solving, communication, building relationships, industry knowledge;|
|Key deliverables||Product module requirement documents|
(Acceptance) test reports
Number of proposals for improved product development
|Department||Research & Development / Technology Development|
|Reporting to||Chief Technology Officer (direct/ solid line); Product Architect (dotted line; daily activities)|
|Contract type||Full-time: 40 hr/week|
|Salary||Competitive base salary & company bonus|
|Location||Head office: Delft, The Netherlands|
|Travel requirements||10% or more, national and international|
It’s widely accepted that nanotechnology is essential to solve many of the global challenges which human society is facing today. These modern day challenges, influenced by a growing population size, increased energy demand and climate change are factors which push scientists to solve macro problems, starting from the bottom-up! Scientists all over the world strive to understand materials down to the atomic level. The Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) has been proven an indispensable tool to capture essential nano-structural information. However, the TEM so far had inherent limitations because it is limited to post-mortem characterization of samples in a static and ultra-high vacuum environment. What if there were a way to look into the nano-world and observe dynamic phenomena, for example related to materials in chemical reactors, aeroplane engines or solar panels?
Using the latest in MEMS technology, DENSsolutions has engineered this into a reality by introducing dynamic stimuli (heat, electrical bias, gas & liquid) to the TEM and eliminating the vacuum environment. With the help of our range of in situ TEM solutions, scientists from all over the world can now record the dynamics of their sample and understand the unknown. This new research is called in situ TEM. In doing so, DENSsolutions is helping its customers to change the world, one atom at a time!
DENSsolutions has experienced a rapid growth over the last five years and is preparing to ramp up even further over the next years. For that reason, we want to provide our customers with world class system support and service.
• Elaborating concepts, creating work drawings, developing prototypes and test setups for new products / product modules related to the development projects of your team
• Testing of new product (module) designs
• Cooperate with Product Architects and R&D Engineers over different product-lines to resolve quality issues in current products, draft improvement plans and advise of issues and developments.
• Enable engineering activities by external technology and manufacturing partners by collaborating with them in order to guarantee and improve quality
• Quality control of new products
• Documenting your project deliverables
• Continuously stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and our systems/products.
Skills & experience
You have a Bachelor degree/ ‘HBO’-education in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant/ equivalent other degree.
Preferably, you have 2-3 years’ hands-on experience with fine mechanics in high-tech environment; and you have
affinity with and skills in handling small and delicate parts.
Some knowledge of machining-en vacuum technology is a pré;
You also have experience with 3D CAD tools for product design and simulation (Inventor preferred).
You like to transform theoretical concepts into practical solutions.
You have an independent working-, curious and catchy attitude. And you have an ambition to develop yourself to the next level anyway.
Your English is at a full professional proficiency level, both spoken and written and preferably you also speak Dutch.
You are highly motivated team player, have a creative, self-starting ‘can-do mentality’; you are customer focused, communicate effectively with your internal and external network, are organized, are disciplined and eager to keep learning.
• An important role at a fast-growing high-tech company with a global market
• Strong professional and personal development opportunities
• To become a valued member of our multi-cultural and entrepreneurial team
• Becoming part of a global network in Science, Technology and Engineering
• To ‘discover the world’, with our collaboration with partners all over the developed world.
How to apply
• For more information: please contact Diederik Morsink, Product Architect / Mechatronics Engineer: +31(6)51915503/ firstname.lastname@example.org
• Qualified candidates are invited to apply directly via email: email@example.com and specify ‘R&D Engineer’ in the subject line.
• Please include your resume and motivational cover letter
• There will be no response to acquisition activities of recruitment companies based on this advertisement